The Definitive Guide for Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
The Definitive Guide for Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
Blog Article
7 Easy Facts About Vaughan Ontario Time Shown
Table of ContentsThe Best Guide To Vaughan Ontario Zip CodeRumored Buzz on Vaughan Ontario Postal CodeThe Of Vaughan Ontario MapThe Only Guide to Vaughan Ontario MapSome Known Factual Statements About Vaughan Ontario Zip Code 5 Simple Techniques For Vaughan Ontario To TorontoSome Known Factual Statements About Vaughan Ontario Time
His children, in link with their relative, William Wright, constructed a tannery and grist mill. A fire in 1828 consumed the new flour mill developed by Mr.After his failure the property fell residential or commercial property the hands of David Macdougall & Co. On whole lot 34, concession 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, built a saw-mill in 1825, which was damaged by an incendiary fire five years later, being restored the following year - vaughan ontario.
3 Easy Facts About Vaughan Ontario Hotels Described
It was again melted and restored, and is still in operation. On whole lot 36, in the exact same concession, Barnabas Lyons, a boy of John Lyons, previously mentioned, developed a sawmill in the year 1839, which was worked for concerning thirty years. Hiram Dexter developed a saw-mill 011 whole lot 37, in the year 1836, which was in procedure for several years.
On great deal 41. Mr

A double-geared saw-mill was set up on great deals 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Greater up, on the very same branch of the stream, stood a distillery constructed by James McDavids in 1844.
Excitement About Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
Mr. Langstaff likewise had an apply factory on another little branch of the Don, in the instant neighbourhood. This was created in 1850, a steel documents manufacturing facility being afterwards included. On lot 50, concession 1, a saw-mill was constructed, in 1842, by a male named Heslop, and benefited several years.
In all, there have been first to last twelve saw-mills, seven grist mills, and 3 distilleries, improved the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Municipality. The negotiation of Vaughan was finished about thirty-five years after the arrival of the pioneers. The general personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being hefty clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

The Greatest Guide To Vaughan Ontario Hotels
Of the populace in the latter year those of German origin phoned number 993, being primarily the descendants of old settlers from Pennsylvania. There were 5,248 native Canadians, documents occupiers of land numbered 824, of discover here whom 500 were also proprietors. The total location in occupation was 67,848 acres. In 1881 the online stock of the area phoned number as follows: Cattle, 2,952; steeds, 2,481; lamb, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Among the proprietors of purebred cattle are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, image source Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and children, and Edwin Langstaff. The metropolitan documents of Vaughan, which have actually not been preserved farther back than 1850, show that in that year the council was arranged under the brand-new legislation which after that carne in pressure by the political election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the first meeting kept in the municipality hall in the fifth concession, J. W. Wager was chosen reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was picked town clerk, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Concierge, assessors. At a succeeding meeting, Rev. James Prick was selected superintendent of Common Colleges at a wage of 20.
The Best Guide To Vaughan Ontario Weather

Arnold loaded the chair in 1861 and the 2 complying with vaughan ontario zip code years, with William Cook as deputy-reeve. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve during the former year, and Thos. In 1868 the reeveship fell to Peter Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
A Biased View of Vaughan Ontario Time
In this year All. G. J. F. Pearce, who had actually officiated as municipality clerk and treasurer for virtually 10 years, surrendered, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was selected to succeed him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for four years. David Boyle was elected reeve in 1872-3, and W. C. Patterson succeeded to the workplace in 1874, and kept it for several years.
The major local officials for 1884 are as complies with: Reeve, T. Doorperson, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Chef, Carville; 2nd deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; township clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hillside. Mr - vaughan ontario to toronto. Lawrence is of U. E. Loyalist origin
Report this page